Intro to Cables & Knitting in the Round
Don’t get twisted, unless it’s time to cable! Join Kathryn for this class where you’ll learn when to twist, and when not to. Using the Rhenish Amber pattern by Lanja Samsdottir, she’ll teach you the following skills:
- Knitting in the round
- How to read a charted cable pattern
- How to knit cables – with a cable needle
- How to knit cables – without a cable needle
Students must be comfortable casting on, knitting and purling. The pattern is available for download here.
Please note: A minimum of 3 students is required for the class to proceed.
Stuff You Need
- 210 yards worsted weight yarn
- 4 mm (US 6) circular needles min. 16"
- 5mm (US 8) circular needles min. 16 inch
- Cable Needle
- Rhenish Amber Pattern https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/rhenish-amber
- Stitch markers
Dates: Saturday, Mar. 23, 30 & Apr. 6, 2019 12:30 - 2:30 pm
- Cost $45
- Sessions 3
- Length 2 Hours
Advanced Beginner Knitting
Basic skills plus repetitive stitch patterns, simple colour changes, and simple shaping and finishing.