Join Fran for three 2 hour sessions where she’ll help you knit Amanda Muscha’s “Brambles Beret.” This beautiful hat is not as complicated as it looks, but it’s a great stepping stone for those who want to improve their knitting skills. You can grab the Brambles pattern right HERE or copy and paste the link from the “Stuff You Need” section into your browser.
In this class you’ll learn:
- Knitting in the Round on DPNs
- If you are familiar with using DPNs in the round, Fran will teach you how to use the magic loop technique. Students will need 3.5 mm & 4 mm circular needles with a minimum length of 47 inches (120 cm) and will not require DPNs.
- Decreasing & Ribbing
Please note: A minimum of 3 students is required for the class to proceed.
Stuff You Need
- 100 grams worsted weight yarn ie: Cascade 220 or equivalent
- 3.5 mm (US 4) 16” circular needle
- 4 mm (US 6) 16 inch circular needle
- 4 mm (US 6) DPNs
- Brambles Pattern: https://knitty.com/ISSUEdf10/PATTbrambles.php
- Cable Needle
- Stitch markers
- Waste Yarn
Dates: Saturday, May 23, 30 & Jun 6, 2020 10:15 am - 12:15pm
- Cost $60
- Sessions 3
- Length 2 Hours
Advanced Beginner Knitting
Basic skills plus repetitive stitch patterns, simple colour changes, and simple shaping and finishing.